The Hurricane circles menacingly around me several times, but I keep my nose pointing towards him as I spiral up. Before I can get near him, he clears off in the direction of some flak bursts.

[Linked Image]

When I've gained enough height I head over that way too, and by the time I get there, the same Hurricane is the only aircraft I can see. He mustn't have seen me coming because he flies close across my nose, and I quickly roll in behind him.

[Linked Image]

By this time I've no cannon ammo left, but I make good shooting with my nose-mounted MGs, which carry a lot more rounds per gun than the RAF fighters.

[Linked Image]

The Tommy tries to get out of my line of fire in a right-hand turn, but I get plenty of hits.

[Linked Image]

It's not enough though, so I end up chasing him about the sky and blasting him again when my sights come on. These Hurricanes seem to be able to soak up rifle calibre hits.

[Linked Image]

At one point the flak joins in on the Tommy's side, and he redoubles his efforts to get away.

[Linked Image]

He hasn't got the speed for it though and I'm soon closing in again.

[Linked Image]

After another couple of bursts, the Hurricane stops turning and starts to go down. Got him!

[Linked Image]

But no, not yet! He settles into a wide, gentry descending turn, trailing smoke but still apparently under control. Thoroughly irritated, I check my tail is clear, then come in fast for another pass.

[Linked Image]

This time, there'll be no escape, Tommy!

...to be continued!

Attached Files Shot02-02-20-23-02-47.jpgShot02-02-20-23-03-03.jpgShot02-02-20-23-03-22.jpgShot02-02-20-23-03-40.jpgShot02-02-20-23-04-14.jpgShot02-02-20-23-04-33.jpgShot02-02-20-23-05-05.jpgShot02-02-20-23-05-39.jpgShot02-02-20-23-06-35.jpg
Last edited by 33lima; 02/08/20 10:20 AM.

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)