Good news - my previous tweaks, located under the "WOFF on a Mac" thread, and the files originally done by Panama Red (for the level-4, highest quality video tweak for WOFF) - have been successfully combined. You will find the package in zipped form, available at the following link: VonS GPU Tuner Patch for WOFF, version 1.4 The file is JSGME ready. Simply unzip the file, and then place the folder called "01_VonS_MaxFPSnGraphicsGPUtuner_ver1.1.1" inside your MODS folder for WOFF. Load up with JSGME and go fly. The second folder, which is optional, is called "02_VonS_4RingDimPatchForGPUtuner_ver1.2" and should be installed after, not before, the "01" patch is applied - the "02" folder should also be placed in the MODS folder for WOFF. Same install instructions apply to the optional "03_VonS_RingDimExtravaganzaForGPUtuner_ver1.3" folder - it should be installed over the main ver. 1.1.1 patch, not before. Identical install instructions apply to the optional "04_VonS_CrisperTextureBudgetsForGPUtuner_ver1.4" folder, although it's simplest to apply the "04" folder last, after the other patches are in place.
(Also, if you are interested in running HarryH's "no cloud popping" mod., I recommend installing it first via JSGME, and then installing my WOFF GPU Tuner Patch over it - this will replace HarryH's preload.xml file with my own slightly modified one. At any rate, there are no incompatibilities between the two mods.)
Some features of the tweaks:
- no blue triangles
- maximum fps possible extracted from your GPU (see info. in representative pics. below) through tweaks of the compositetexturebudgets, compositescenerybudgets, and Terrain file
- graphics maintained at very high quality
- fps seem smooth with hardly any micro-stuttering
- patch pixel dim and floating size numbers applied as per my earlier posts in this thread (650 float size, 400 patch pixel dim)
- tweaks are about 20% lighter on GPU usage than the level-4 Panama Red video tweak files (higher number in the info. box in the top left corner of the pics. below, for "gpu," indicates less gpu usage - lower numbers indicate higher gpu usage)
- tree congestion has been slightly thinned out in this patch (by about 10-15%) from stock (should work well with the relevant European geography often flown over in WOFF)
Additions to ver. 1.1.1:
- includes an extended preload.xml file based on the one provided by HarryH for his no-cloud-popping mod. for WOFF (helps to preload various cirrus, cumulus, cumulonimbus clouds, etc., prior to flight - for smoother fps and less cloud popping)
- includes a modified shaders.xml file that has had several "lighting" and "specular" entries enabled, that were turned off, in the stock shaders file (helps to improve green color of the grass and to lighten the atmosphere overall - especially for those who don't like to tinker with SweetFX/ReShade or can't get those two to work in WOFFpe)
- includes my d3d8.ini files, for the main WOFF folder, and also for WOFFScenery (should help to squeeze out some more fps while maintaining high quality graphics)
- if you prefer using the settings in your own d3d8 files instead, simply remove the d3d8 file from the main WOFF folder included with this GPU Tuner Patch, and also the entire WOFFScenery folder that is included, before placing the "01_VonS_MaxFPSnGraphicsGPUtuner_ver1.1.1" folder inside your MODS folder and enabling with JSGME
- I recommend, however, if using your own settings in the two d3d8.ini files, to change the "terrain patch pixel dim" size in both of them from the stock value of 256 to 100 (this works well with the floating point size and patch pixel size values included in the other files in my GPU Tuner Patch, to maintain best smoothness of frame rates)- max. fps top out at around 170-180, with clear blue skies, and this patch installed
Additions to ver. 1.2:
- ver. 1.2 is the addon patch called "02_VonS_4RingDimPatchForGPUtuner_ver1.2"
- this patch is an alternative tweak of the compositescenerybudgets file that removes even more unnecessary "ring dim" values from the five "budget" levels that are present, giving a consistent "4 rings" per budget level, and also slightly increasing the minimal quality of graphics in the outer rings, as compensation, which should give slightly less fuzzy graphics to distant terrains when viewed from high altitudes, without any performance hit on fps
- the addon patch also maintains smooth graphics, decently high fps, and no blue triangles are present
- if you are happy with the main GPU Tuner Patch (ver. 1.1.1), there is no need to install the "4RingDim" patch (but I encourage you to try both and pick the one that best suits your rig, and keep in mind that the addon ver. 1.2 patch requires the main ver. 1.1.1 patch to be installed already)- max. fps top out at around 220-235, with clear blue skies, and this patch installed
Additions to ver. 1.3:
- ver. 1.3 is the alternative addon patch called "03_VonS_RingDimExtravaganzaForGPUtuner_ver1.3"
- this patch is another, alternative tweak of the compositescenerybudgets file that includes several more "ring dim" entries per the five "budget" levels that are present, giving 5, 6 and sometimes 7 ring entries, thereby making overall graphics quality slightly "crisper," especially at lower alts.
- maintained in this patch too are smooth graphics, decently high fps, and no blue triangles are present
- this patch, like the ver. 1.2 patch, is optional (but I encourage you to try this one out on your installs too, and to pick the one that best suits your rig, and keep in mind again that the addon ver. 1.3 patch requires the main ver. 1.1.1 patch to be installed already)- max. fps top out at around 185-195, with clear blue skies, and this patch installed
Additions to ver. 1.4:
- ver. 1.4 contains an alternative compositetexturebudgets file that further improves crispness of far textures at high alts.
- this patch, like the ver. 1.2 and 1.3 patches, is optional, and may be installed over ver. 1.1.1, 1.2, or 1.3, if you like- max. fps with the optional ver. 1.4 patch applied drop by about a value of 10-15, on average, when compared with the other three patchesNOTE:
for comparison, the Panama Red highest-quality, level-4 compositescenerybudgets file tops out at around 160 fps, if run with the rest of my tweaks (patch pixel dim size, floating size, etc.) that are included with the GPU Tuner Patch