Hi there all

Been away from the sim for a while, however have recently reinstalled it and want to get back into this wonderful sim.
copter

I have been thinking about how to get two people playing as Pilot and Gunner in one helicopter. Obviously they will have to share the one main view out of the helo.

However if there is a possibility to export 4 MFDs (2 on one screen and 2 on another) and also the gunners sight to a separate monitor then it would be possible to have two people flying and fighting on a single PC...

So how this would work, is the pilot can change his MFD selection with the [ and ] keys as usual. The gunner would have to use another set of keys to change their setting, possibly the ; and ' keys (looking at my keyboard layout). As I don't think those keys are mapped to anything at the moment.

Obviously if either person switched to a MFD that was being displayed by the other person then they would see whatever settings the other person had already set and if they changed anything then this would change both. The other option is that there could only be one version of the MFD displayed and if someone tried to switch to one that was already being displayed then it would skip over to the next available MFD...

You would obviously need a PC that had 4 monitors attached, however these days a lot of systems have the capability to display 4 monitors. So the setting would be something like this:

Monitor 1: Main view (shared)
Monitor 2: Pilots MFDs
Monitor 3: Gunners MFDs
Monitor 4: Gunners sight view

I think you would just have the one joystick for the pilot as I don't know if you could attach 2 and swap between them. However with the keyboard controls the Pilot and Gunner controls would work off one keyboard I think.

Hope this is possible and interesting to people.

Cheers
Glyn