Originally Posted by MajorMagee
It's probably a function call that was "improved" in the updated WDDM that came out with the Fall Creators Update. When I noticed that AA had stopped working I tried new NVIDIA video drivers, reinstalling DX9c, and a wide range of other control panel settings changes both in the game and in the NVCP all to no effect. What I finally found that actually worked was using NvidiaProfileInspector to set the AA Compatibility bits. In the past this was not needed, and the value could remain at the default 0x00000000. Now it needs one of several that end with 40, 41, or C1.

F0C1
100C1
4412C1

There are subtle effect differences between each one, but generally they fall into the three main groups defined by the last two digits. Right now I've settled on the last one, as it's biased toward darkening the edges its aliasing.

Since our current DiD campaign is suspended due to poor weather, I have time this week to look at antialiasing, which is the final area of possible improvement for me right now: I searched the forums and came up with your post, which I had not seen before, Major. I am well aware that Nvidia driver updates tend to reset Inspector profile settings (or at least, switch off the .exe specific profiles until you reselect them with Inspector, which is a pain). I wasn't aware that MS Win 10 updates alos messed with things? Are you still maintaining this tweak or is it outdated at this point? I guess I can mess with it to see smile

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440