I finally finished LOTR War in the North today after a few years of play. First tried it on PS3 but traded it in (mostly performance) and later bought it on PC where it you get a nice 60fps and sharper visuals. I would have to say that this game is probably, as of now, my favorite Lord of the Rings game. I enjoyed the EA games made for the movies on PS2 and they are darn good LOTR games and I really enjoy Shadow of Mordor for what it is, however I haven't finished it yet as I got burnt out on the grinding and getting stuck which as a result, the story is at a stand still but that being said, War in the North is my favorite I think. It manages from what I can tell to be a more lore friendly/accurate LOTR game but still sits in a good spot with the movies. I just love the idea of an unknown fellowship of three unknown characters waging their own battle against Sauron that ultimately has a significant effect that simultaneously brings assistance to THE fellowship that is well known. These three are unsung heroes who tackle an epic quest themselves.

I would also have to say that this game has what is now another one of my favorite video game characters and that is the eagle Beleram. Great voice acting all around and mission locations. Its not a perfect game but you can tell the love that went into it. I wish it wasn't over. Its also one of those games with different decisions that can be made so I hope to play it again on a harder difficulty level and make other choices to see how that effects things. The game also has great cut scenes. Here's my original post on the game with pictures from a few years ago with sort of an AAR style:

Original SimHQ War in the North post

The journey continues:
[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg
Last edited by Coot; 01/01/20 03:49 AM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13