Create a log for at least a week or two. Time and date of incidents, duration, type of sound.
If you have witnesses, even better, note their names, maybe have them sign the entry.

It's probably difficult to make a sound recording that holds up in court without a sound engineer using calibrated equipment, but at least if you create a log and submit it as evidence his lawyer will have a hard time getting a lawsuit tossed out on grounds of "he said, she said". He'd either have to admit that the events are real, or prove that his client couldn't have been "it". The latter is difficult, so it'll come down to a dispute whether his actions cross a certain noise level threshold that a judge would deem "disturbing".
But wehat you can do is to make a video of his sounds while your TV is running at slightly lower than normal volume. Document the volume level by pressing the remote once to adjust it. That way there's at least a rough comparison that operates with somewhat objective figures. The key is to let as much subjectivity out of your reports as possible.

Have a look at court rulings over the matter. I don't think your chances are very good, but then again I don't know the law and the court rulings in your country nor have I personally witnessed it, so what do I know. No matter what, you will appear less as a cranky nutcase neighbor if you can provide evidence. The police won't like to be forced to intervene, the court will hate having to deal with a matter like this, so they all have every interest to drop the matter. The only way how you can force them to actually deal with it is by creating a log. At least in German courts when it comes to civil lawsuits, such a log will have the power of hard evidence unless the opposing party can prove that it's not. As soon as they don't debate a submission such as a log, they implicitly admit that it's true. So no matter what, you're in a better position if you don't operate just from memory.

Then call the cops. Give them a copy of your log. Keep writing the log until you have the first court date, if it comes to that. Once that your neighbor realizes that you keep track of his actions for posterity, maybe he'll start behaving - problem solved. Or he doesn't. Then the judge will see that it wasn't an episode of just two weeks. That he kept doing it even after the police came, even after you files the lawsuit, right to the day of the first court session.
Also note every time that you try to have a conversation with him. Write down especially if he gets all passive-aggressive and asks you to call the cops if you don't like his activities. Don't escalate verbally, don't start a physical aggression. And at some point, hand it off to your lawyer. That's what we have them for, so we don't have to fight personally.