My neighbor upstairs is noisy.

When he walks it sounds like the ceiling is coming down.

It sounds like he is not walking, but jumping and hopping from living room to kitchen or from bedroom to dining room, etc.

Some days you can hear him run to the restroom and then run back out again.

Who runs to the restroom and not use it and then runs back out?

The only time I have to run to the restroom is if I was sick and it's an emergency.

This been going on for 4 months.

The noise also happens at night like 2 am, 5 am, 7 am.

We have asked him nicely a couple of times before and he apologizes and it gets quiet for a day or two:

you can hear the sound of his footsteps that are caused by a person walking normally but then it starts back up again.

We have never called the Police on him.

There is no management here. These are condo units, each unit with different owner.

I had called his owner once before about 2 months ago by finding the guy's info from the County online appraisal district website.

He just shrugs and says if he is too loud, go talk to him.

He doesn't get that it's been going on for months and talking to him hasn't helped.

About 1 hour ago, not only is he making noise by jumping around again from room to room, it also sounds like he is picking up something heavy and then dropping it in different parts of his unit:

BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!

Over and Over!

Ceiling sounds like is coming down each time and I can feel the walls shaking with each BOOM.

After 20 minutes of listening to it and me thinking and hoping it will stop but it didn't, I've had enough.

I went upstairs and knocked on his door.

No, I didn't bang on his door like I am going to break it down, I knocked normally.

He opens the door and says: hey what's up?

I ask him: is everything okay? For the last 20 minutes my ceiling sounds like it's going to fall on me with your jumping and the loud noise from something heavy dropping.

He answers: me? no I wasn't doing anything.

I says: I didn't imagine it. If you weren't doing anything, I wouldn't be up here right now and we had this conversation before.

He gets upset and says: if you think it's that loud, then call the Police then.

To me that's an ADMISSION on his part that he was doing something.

He slams the door in my face.

Who the heck dares someone to call the Police on them? That just makes no sense to me!

[Linked Image]