Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Originally Posted by Arthonon
I think the movie's issues are generally blown out of proportion, and if you look at the Rotten Tomatoes reviews, the overall score is low, but not terribly so, at 52%. When you dig into the details, you find that over half of the reviewers gave it a largely positive review, and for those that didn't like it, they generally didn't think it was terrible, just not good. I think that lends a lot of support to the fact that marketing is what made it such a financial disaster.

Taylor Kitsch has a bit of a reputation now as being a movie-killer, since some high-profile movies he's been in have flopped. Lynn Collins hasn't been in a lot of movies, but I think she did well here, and like Delevingne, she's easy on the eyes and wore some nice costumes smile.

I thought the movie was very well done, I saw it in the theatre and have watched it at home a couple of times since.

Having read the books I thought the changes made were improvements, some of the sci-fi ideas of 1917 just don't translate well to today and had to be updated.

I bought the Blu-Ray disc of it, and enjoyed it, but I think expectations might be different when not going into a theater when it's first out. I had heard some negative reviews, so I think I lowered my expectations. Overall, I thought it was a fun story, and had good effects.

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net