Originally Posted by Patrocles
I need to see this show and The Watchmen. Yes, everything I have been reading in non-spoiler reviews abut The Boys says it is a violent, dark, black comedy and more comments in this vein.
My friend persuaded me to only watch the hijacked jetliner scene with the "superman" and "wonder woman" superheroes to the rescue. Oh my word, i could not believe how that played out! After seeing that clip and the trailer I am now avoiding all spoilers and clips until I can watch Season 1.

RE Watchemn, not really any spoiler as such in this section below, unless you regard the very mention of a character to be a spoiler.

I really enjoyed Watchmen for the first 7 episodes, but they really got Dr Manhattan wrong for those last 2. Still somewhat of an enjoyable series, but yeah the Dr Manhattan stuff is just nonsensical. YMMV obviously.

But yeah The Boys is a terrific series, I generally hate superhero movies but occasionally something good pops out. It has a terrific first episode. I knew it was going to be good when
Butcher is fighting the invisible guy, getting his ass whupped, until he spits blood onto him allowing him to see where he is biggrin

Last edited by DM; 12/29/19 02:25 PM.

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."