Let's bump up the screenies thread again gents' - very pleased to report that WOFF Platinum Edition is buzzing along beautifully in BootCamp on the Mac Pro (2013 model). Cloud scale/density can be freely doubled to a value of 6 now, and ground shadows can be safely set to at least a value of 2 - on ATI cards. No shadow flickering whatsoever, lovely.

Also recommended are the budget scenery and budget texture file tweaks that are posted under the relevant section of the long WOFF-on-a-Mac post, the higher-quality texture info. (not the stuff for WineSkin). Also great to try out are similar, higher-density tree/landscape variants posted under the relevant thread by Panama Red. I'm getting framerates of about 80 with the level-3 and level-4 tweaks by Panama Red. My own tweaks thin out the trees slightly but give me a bump of about 20 fps or so - will tinker perhaps with PR's level-4 or level-3 tweak but thinning out the trees slightly to see what happens.

Overall, the PE ed. of WOFF is a work of art and works just fine on the Mac - a great flight (and landscaping) simulator. Dogfights are plenty smooth and exciting, even more so than in the UE ed. I'd say. Currently testing threshold levels of -2 and -3 for individual fighter-on-fighter settings in the simulation.xml file - but the dogfights are intense even at stock settings. Also great are the newer visuals/shaders, sharp enough, and with greener grass, that I don't miss SweetFX at all in the PE edition. Pics. below are with my budget scenery/texture tweaks from the long Mac thread. The clouds are the optional/extra ones from the BuckeyeBob package (they work fine in the PE ed. of WOFF).

Some tips for Mac BootCamp users: Continue running the WOFF.exe in Win7 compatibility mode, for best results. Also, if upgrading from ver. 4.18 of WOFF make a backup first of the "facilities" folder, in the main WOFF directory, of ver. 4.18 - before upgrading. Then, after upgrading, copy all files in the older facilities folder, move over and paste into the new facilities folder in the PE edition - adding any missing facility files (do not replace any identical/newer files already in place in the PE ed. facilities folder). This will get rid of any "WOFF could not write to such and such an aerodrome xml file" type errors once PE starts to load.

Now to insall WOTR and take it for a spin too.

Happy holidays,
Von S smile2

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Attached Files Shot12-21-19-01-04-22.jpgShot12-21-19-01-06-16.jpgShot12-21-19-01-11-40.jpgShot12-21-19-01-15-09.jpgShot12-21-19-01-15-15.jpg
Last edited by VonS; 12/22/19 07:10 AM. Reason: Added info. and embedded pics.

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~