All of my editors and file-managers are written in Visual Basic 2006. For some "controls" such as data grid tables they use files which need the VB runtime files.
There is a link in this copy of a post in another thread:

**************************************************************************************
Some time ago I received a PM from Shogun about the Mission Editor generating this error message when he tried to run it:

Run-time error 713 Class not registered. MSSTDFMT.DLL

I hit this problem a few weeks ago when I was away in Lyon and I tried to run the Mission Editor on my new laptop.
When I got back I made a VisualBasic installer program for the mission editor, which correctly installs the " MSSTDFMT.DLL" file during the installation process.

"MissionEdPackage.exe" is available here:
Mission Editor Runtimes

If you get that error then download it, and run it on your desktop.
This will create a folder named "MedPackage" and in this folder there is a "Setup.exe" file.
[Linked Image]

Run the "Setup.exe", let it install the mission editor anywhere (as the reason for running it is to install the missing file), but do not let it overwrite newer versions of files with older ones.

Re-boot and the Mission Editor should now work.

wink Jel
**************************************************************************************

Last edited by oldgrognard; 12/10/19 12:33 AM.

Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger Site

FaceBook Pages
UAW 160 downloads
EAW Club

Mark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.

I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly