Originally Posted by HarryH
Originally Posted by Stache
My Experience.

Well, a while back I had been using the shortcut method to set affinity.
For a while now I had stopped using that shortcut.

A while after you posted, after researching and noting the concerns posted, forewarned about possible issues, I tried your suggestions including real time - and immediately started having random crashes in WOFF.
I immediately stopped using real time and am using the affinity shortcut.
So far so good.

I would not consider my system as one with having "limited processing capabilities"

At this time I have not formed an opinion as to if setting affinity helps at all.

Regards,

Did you make sure to disable TrackIR's affinity on core0? WOFF may well crash if you don't do that.

Hi Harry, I believed I was following your notes, which includes changing Affinity and setting real-time.
Its been a while now.
I did not take notes when I was doing the process - I made changes - had issues - tried settings other than real time - had issues - put the system back to default.
Perhaps I will give it another go.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909