Originally Posted by HarryH
I assume I'm "the user" in question. I have blocked kksnowbear. I am tired of his arrogance and I refuse to read any more of his snarky, unhelpful comments.

I don't believe there is a "one size fits all" solution to the stutters either. Each machine is different and there are multiple factors in play. My machine is stutter free at this point but I readily admit this may not still be the case when our campaign advances into 1917 / 1918. I've tried a few QCs in 1918 but it's not the same stress test as campaign mode.

I've amended my TrackIR setup guide to include a warning about Realtime mode. I'm still using it and it's working perfectly well with no negative effects whatsoever. Joystick response is fine, SSD isn't chugging. TrackIR and WOFF are running on completely separate cores. I do agree with kksnowbear's previous comments about consistent frame rates and I have preached the virtues of G-SYNC running at 1/2 refresh rate to deliver a rock solid 72FPS for some months now. That's definitely been a big part of taming the stutters for me.

As for credentials, kksnowbear thinks he's the world's gaming PC expert. I built my own rig and I just completed a PC build for a video editor (msi x299 gaming pro carbon ac with i9 LGA 2066, 64GB DDR 3200 mem and Nvidia RTx2800), so yes, I know what I'm doing for the most part. I just don't brag about it.

I can't believe how amazing WOFF PE is, all things considered. I also can't quite believe how much better it's running for me than UE was this time last year, but I have worked pretty hard at it and I've spent some $$ on hardware. I've shared my discoveries and I've benefited from the knowledge of others in this community (Panama Red, yourself, Buckeye Bob, Ankor and many more). Onwards and upwards, minus the bear smile

HarryH I agree with all you said, I have had that person blocked for quite some time for all the same reasons.

I thought your Idea was worth a shot, to bad it did not work out for me, really glad it is working for you.

Please keep'em coming - you never know what might turn out to work.

Regards,

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909