Originally Posted by AceMedic88
Pol: I had a smaller Acer Predator gsync. I was considering your monitor for the replacement. Ultrawide and curved is something that I am considering.

Luckily, it looks like the jump between 1080 and 1440 isn't that much of a burden. I wasn't going to consider 4K. It appears that a majority of the gamers I know have said don't bother with it, and I'm glad that notion is reaffirmed here. I guess what it will come down to is which product line is more reliable? Acer Predator seems like a common one. I see Alienware offers the same specs but a tad cheaper (but at what cost?).

You folks have me sold on the ultrawide, though. I've been thinking for a long time that since I love flight sims that this is the way to go.

Yes, cost is probably the determining factor in most cases. Like you, I didn't want to 'break the bank' and what mine cost at the time ($600 vs $500 now) was pretty much my limit.

FWIW, be aware that going from a FHD (16:9, 1920x1080) display to a 21:9 ultra wide (if you're talking about 21:9 @ 1440) actually is a pretty big jump in pixels...238% more, to be exact. On the other hand, staying at 1080 only represents a 33% increase. Not as much by far, but it really depends on how well your GPU copes in any case.

HTH