Originally Posted by Ace_Pilto
Currently flying a Roland during the Battle of the Somme.

How did I end up here? I pick the next airforce, advance the season and leave the rest to chance for each career when I die. (So if I die in winter 1916, I select the next airforce in line, select for spring 1916 and let the chips fall where they may from there) It means I end up in some interesting scenarios that I wouldn't usually choose for myself. The Roland has been fun since I can fly it like a fighter after my duties are completed, (Unless I have plates and a camera that need to be returned to base). However, the incredibly slow firing gun and not being able to see through the top wing really limit my effectiveness. Fortunately I can just open up the throttle and be somewhere else if things get hairy, it's quite easy to get away from scouts at this stage provided you see them coming.

I love flying the Roland, it's a chunk and can't be thrown about but it's fast by 1916 standards.

I'm the scourge of any DH2 in the vicinity.

With the added bonus of bombing missions as well.

So, we take off in ten minutes, we're in the air for twenty minutes, which means we should be dead by twenty five to ten.