Bit of progress. Black undercoat, silver, hairspray, splotchy dark green undercoat for some colour variation and then the top coat. It's hard to capture the stressed skin effect i was attempting but you can see it at certain angles if the light captures it right. Of course anything slightly dodgy stands out like dogs gonads, especially once the silver was laid down. The marianas trench on the left wing scares me. I'm thinking (hoping) the chipping will hide those areas fairly nicely.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I started chipping outside watching the 24/7 fire updates as the smoke from the fires drifted overhead but the wind was gusting so intensely i had to move it all back inside. We are about 80 k's from the closest big fire at Noosa on the Sunny coast so no issues here but that wind must have made it hard for the firies today. I don't know if the fires made the news where you guys all are but it's been a hectic week over here for many, this summer is going to be an absolute scorcher.

Half done. The rivets and panel lines have really made a difference detail wise compared to the Raiden although the fuselage work i have done reminds more of a fabric covered skin than the stressed metal look i was going for though. Makes me think of the rear section of a Hurricane or Gladiator.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The decals are going to stand out far too much so i'm going to paint those, well at least the white square section and then possibly use some of the meatball decals without the white backing, undecided. I need a circle template to be able to paint them decently. The shiny sections on the wings and fuselage is hairspray in prep for the squares to be painted.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Close up you can see the variation in the green a lot better. I'm still to give the whole plane a light sand over with some 2000+ grit to smooth it all out and remove all of the leftover chipped paint sticking everywhere.

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships