Looking around again, the only other aircraft I can now see is another Spitfire. So I decide to chum up with him.

[Linked Image]

There he is, one of our boys obviously but I can't remember now who was flying YT-M.

[Linked Image]

I order a recall but it seems somebody is still engaged. Where and how I can't see, but I do see a group of half a dozen aircraft crossing left to right. I decide to investigate, recalling Mick Mannock's advice to treat other aircraft as hostile until confirmed otherwise.

[Linked Image]

Such confirmation comes when I identify the newcomers as Spitfires. Too many for our lot.

[Linked Image]

They turn out to be from 610 Squadron. If they came here looking for our Huns, they're a bit late.

[Linked Image]

I should really have tracked down the rest of my own squadron at that point. But they continue to excuse themselves with claims of being busy, and in the end I decide if they won't come to me, I'd be darned if I'm going to chase about the sky looking for them. So back to Tangmere I go.

[Linked Image]

There's nobody else in the circuit so I land straight away...

[Linked Image]

...and am soon safely down.

[Linked Image]

My screenshot of the debriefing failed but it showed we lost one pilot - Morrison, my Red 3 - and are officially claiming only three Heinkels, including my own. Strange! At least my first two claims have been confirmed. Unfortunately I neglected to put in for a couple of others in between, but at least I've now officially 'broken my duck'!

[Linked Image]

Attached Files Shot11-08-19-18-34-55.jpgShot11-08-19-18-35-11.jpgShot11-08-19-18-38-02.jpgShot11-08-19-18-38-28.jpgShot11-08-19-18-39-10.jpgShot11-08-19-18-47-07.jpgShot11-08-19-18-48-00.jpgShot11-08-19-18-48-51.jpgLogbook 15 Aug.jpg
Last edited by 33lima; 11/09/19 03:25 PM.

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)