Thanks carrick. The replay value is like any Combat Mission title as far as I am concerned. I call it limited. AI plans are more frequently used these days, and this campaign got them as part of the SF2 makeover. But while AI plans can add some variety to enemy placement and movement, they don't change what you're up against, nor the map. So the effect is limited. Better than nothing, but until or unless BFC develop a proper AI this will remain the case I'm afraid.

I really like SF2 yes. Part of it is due to the fact that it's new to me. New and interesting units and weapons, terrain and maps. It's difficult at this point for me to separate the novelty factor from my view of the game. I've played CM for nearly 20 years, so to have completely new and different units and weaponry is very cool and breathes fresh air in to it for me.

I might say that SF2's replay value comes from a good amount of user-generated content. Aside from CMBN I think SF2 has the most available and that helps to justify the cost. There is plenty to play, though it should be considered that much of what's out there has not been given the SF2 treatment. But SF1 scenarios and campaigns work fine in SF2. Campaigns are limited though, as always, and really that's all I want to play.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!