Hello Elephant.... I'm sorry, but this will be hard...

First... thanks for making this effort to get the Albs even closer to exact. When I was doing these skins, I did everything possible to get this all as close to historically accurate as I could with a deadline looming... however, as more info and better pictures come to surface, more details can be noted and added. So kudos to locating all the little missing, or incorrect parts I put on. You're changes look nice on my originals.

Next, the hard part... There are MANY variations of this plane in all the skins I did... not only did I go after the look of the Johannisthal factory built D.III's but the specific style of markings, wing cammo patterns, and insignias/markings.. field mods.. etc.. There are, as you know, 3 variations of the plane in the game... but that does not account for all the other stuff I did to breakup the cookie-cutter look of the pilots vs the squadron standard skins.. and that changed between Jastas as well. Some have the rigging sheet in different places... removed... others have different foot holes based on serial # sequences... others have different wing cammo patters again based on serial# sequence, the cowling paint is greenish on some, grey on others to represent the change to the Alb D.V...and possibly a pilots choice. I tossed in hundreds of variables into my skins. I wanted as little similarity as possible in my work. As you go through this, if you really want to, keep this in mind.

Also... and a big thing to consider... making copies from the 1st generation copies that I made of each for the game (meaning ALL of my skins are directly from my main templates) will degrade the over-all look of the skins. So honestly... I don't really want that for the game. If you cannot make them as hi-res as the originals... please refrain from posting them.... or post them with the opportunity to fall back to the originals like a JSGME Mod... or something that doesn't permanently over-write my work.

I'm sorry... as I have been asked this before and have replied... it took me YEARS to make the skins for the Albs... and all other planes I did. The templates themselves would take me at least 2 months of research and design as I did everything from scratch. I really don't want to loose ANY quality in any of them as you will notice it in the game. Making copies of copies of copies will exponentially degrade the details of the originals.

You can see that with the 'yellowing; that has been applied, it changed the look of the plane.. which is not what I wanted for my work... If I did... I would have done it myself. Some wing sets actually have this already done...

So, to sum this up as nicely as I can...and this is the HARDEST part... and believe me, it's hard for me to be like this... unless you plan on making all new skins from scratch... please do not alter mine.. and repost as an "enhancement"... effectively as you compress the file into .DDS form, you're degrading "our" work. I don't mind them being in a mod than can be added and removed, but definitely not permanently over-written. I want the users to know I did not add -in the details you did, and I want them to have the choice to fall-back if they so decide to . So yes, continue the project as you wanted... please give credit to myself and Paarma (if he gave you permission to do this) respectively, and keep working at it.

Thanks!

OvS

The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!

I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton