Regarding the competition's fastest CPUs:

Intel’s Flagship Core i9-9900KS Launches On Oct 30 For $513, Features Insane 5.0GHz All Core Turbo

Featuring a 5 GHz all-core turbo across 8 cores/16 threads this will almost certainly be the fastest gaming chip around and should sell like hotcakes.

Intel is only offering a one-year warranty on this processor likely due to the fact that this is essentially a factory overclocked, highly binned chip. .You better have a good AIO cooler to get rid of all that heat

This special edition processor will be available for a limited time only

This is not a faster CPU architecture -- but it is faster -- Intel overclocked for you. An advertising point of Intel and Nvidia is that they are the "fastest". So far, both companies have done whatever it takes to stay ahead of AMD in that department.

I've previously noted that my AMD CPU "automatically" overclocks (on all cores) so long as it detects adequate cooling. However, it does not hit 5GHz -- it stays below "boost" frequency. I read that "auto-overclock" (when cooling is adequate) is a "built-in" feature of AMD CPUs now. My AMD GPU also automatically "overclocks" in that it exceeds boost frequency at times. An AMD user can overclock further if they wish.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro