Thanks gents' for the comments - I might include this post as a pdf file in a possible, future version (5.0) of my FM pack. I'm thinking eventually of combing over the parasol types, and also taking a look at the Nieups. 17 and 24.

(The 110hp LeRhone powered the Camel prototypes and early production models. As far as I know the 130hp Clerget was the most common power plant on the Camels - good balance of power and maneuverability with the Clerget...although the 110hp variant should be more docile in flight. In terms of the Fokk. Dr.1, the stock one in WOFFue/pe seems to have a top speed in the mid/low 180s kph - that is the common, "gaskammer" variant with improved air-intake on the Oberursel 110hp (probably giving a real output of about 120hp) - I think Mikael Carlson's Dr.1 also has that same power plant. Early non-gaskammered variants of the Oberursel would have given top speeds in the mid 160s to low 170s kph estimated. This explains the confusing array of top speeds cited for the Dr.1 in the literature and also online. What I'll never understand is why the Tripehound was retired when it was. An engined-up two-gun variant would have done just fine well into 1918 - although the Tripe was a maintenance nightmare.)

Von S smile

~ For my various FM/AI/FPS/DM Mods. for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, and tips for FlightGear, recommended is to check over my CombatAce profile (https://combatace.com/profile/86760-vons/) and to click on the "About Me" tab while there. ~