Thanks chaps.

One cool thing i have found out during this build was when i was looking for the correct wheel well colours and stumbled on the 'Aotake colour' debate. I'll copy and paste this here to explain it..

As a translucent primer coating the stuff was applied during many different stages of an aircraft's production, at the main factories and among the many smaller subcontractors that were employed to manufacture parts. A piece of aluminum stock would be stamped, then coated with a layer of Aotake to prevent flash corrosion. Then that part would be drilled and cut, then given another coat of Aotake. After that part was riveted into place within the air frame it would be coated a third time or more. The procedure was generally to ensure that no bare metal was exposed to the air for any length of time. Then, in some areas of the aircraft, a matte black coat of paint was often applied - as a further measure of protection or to cut down on the glare of the glossy Aotake, it's not known. It's generally accepted that there were two main variations of Aotake: a blue and a green (though other shades including yellow have been encountered). Some have suggested a number of different means to predict the application of either variant - time frame, manufacturer, or other. In reality both blue and green could be expected to be seen in any random aircraft regardless of manufacturer or time frame

So you end up with these types of colours, these samples are both parts of the main wing spar of the same Zero.

[Linked Image]

Luckily i had clear blue and clear green Tamiyas on the shelf so after a bit of mucking around with mixes ended up with this. The pic is fairly crap as the blue comes through more, appears the translucency seems to throw the colours off a bit.

[Linked Image]

In the end it is neither here nor there when we are talking about some dudes model plane sitting on a shelf gathering dust but it is an interesting tidbit.

Leading edges yellowed and ready for it's clean up before the clear coating.

[Linked Image]

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships