I come up and around in a sort of loop in a non-vertical plane...and find myself behind my erstwhile attacker, who now appears to be making a run for it.

[Linked Image]

He's moving fast, but at full boost, I catch him up and let him have it.

[Linked Image]

I expect the 110 to wilt under my fire, but I seem to get few hits and he slips out of my way. I pull up and around, searching for him along his original track.

[Linked Image]

Ack Ack bursts lead me to another 110...or is it the same one? Hard to tell, but anyway, a Hun, is a Hun, is a target.

[Linked Image]

Before I can get into range, the 110 rolls over on his back and goes down steeply.

[Linked Image]

As I watch, he flicks out of control, wobbles, and spins out of the sky. I watch suspiciously, but he's much too low to recover and smacks into the deck, right next to what looks like a barn.

[Linked Image]

I clear my tail smartly and call the boys to order, but there's no response. I recall hearing a fair bit of chatter on the R/T, including at least one chap announcing he was going home. I turn on the TAC but there's nothing to see, apart from the fact I'm being advised to put down at the nearest airfield, Rochford.

[Linked Image]

Looking around, there's not much to see, except the scenery.

[Linked Image]

I don't see any particular reason to run to Rochford, but bank in that direction, anyway. Behind me, dark clouds are beginning to form.

[Linked Image]

The lack of company is becoming rather ominous. I slow down and lose height, but nobody catches up.

[Linked Image]

The skies behind me are cloudy, but clear of aircraft, friend or foe.

[Linked Image]

I reach Rochford but decide not to land there. I'm too impatient to find out what happened, to fly back to Hornchurch. So I call it quits and check the detailed debriefing. It's not a pretty picture.

[Linked Image]

Red 2 got a Hun, but he won't be coming back. Likewise, two others have bought it, and only one Spitfire - not my own - is undamaged. I sort of scared one Hun out of the sky so there's that, but it's small consolation.

Bit of a disaster, really!

PS I don't know why Blue 1's aircraft type is shown as 'unknown'. But I do know that my own shooting wasn't as bad as the numbers above suggest. After my last attack, having paused the action when firing (to take a screenshot), the guns were still going when I unpaused, despite the trigger having been released, and I had to press and release it a second time to stop them spraying lead all over the sky!

Attached Files Shot10-20-19-15-22-08.jpgShot10-20-19-15-24-02.jpgShot10-20-19-15-26-59.jpgShot10-20-19-15-28-32.jpgShot10-20-19-15-28-49.jpgShot10-20-19-15-29-07.jpgShot10-20-19-15-31-44.jpgShot10-20-19-15-32-02.jpgShot10-20-19-15-32-06.jpgShot10-20-19-15-34-57.jpgShot10-20-19-15-35-48.jpg65 Sq camp 2 Aug debrief 2.jpg

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)