Originally Posted by Ace_Pilto
Dynamix's original Red Baron? Those were the days. I remember they actually used 3D models instead of 2D sprites and you could even see the wires holding the wings on! Such detail. My levels of immersion were increased to epic proportions that summer holiday by those jaggy bracing wires and the nice little scene that played every time you won a gong. You could even see the medals on your character's tunic in the career menu. If someone had told me what was in store for the future I would have completely freaked out.

To be honest I was being a bit sarcastic (even though I'm truly honored to be a member of the Barmy OFFers club obviously). The Red Baron I was referring to was that bloody awful film a few years back. The one where they thought it 'historically accurate' to portray Lanoe Hawker as a fat full bearded bloke who screamed like a baby when in a fight....and put him in an SE5?!? They also seemed to have only shot one air fight scene for the whole film but broke it up into half a dozen pieces......and the fact you can apparently hear a mouth organ being played in mid air with unmuffled engines.....I could go on but won't.

It was about as accurate a film as you recording me holding and moving two paper planes about going "neeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh" now and again.

As for Red Baron the game, I only started playing when Red Baron II came out.....and the rest is history...I've been hooked on air combat sims ever since. The dogfights in that game are still some of the best ever and I still have a good workable version on my PC today.

Last edited by Simes; 10/16/19 07:44 AM.

So, we take off in ten minutes, we're in the air for twenty minutes, which means we should be dead by twenty five to ten.