Originally Posted by HumanDrone
The GOONS?!?! Really? I haven't heard of them in years! Were they not the venerable performers of the Ying-tong song? Peter Sellers was a member of that venerable crew of certified screwballs!!

They were the originals and still the best. Hugely influential. People have reservations about Spike Milligan but he was an absolute loon in the funniest sense. Anyone who had the words 'See! I told you I was Ill' engraved on his headstone is alright by me.

....and apparently they enjoyed a tipple or two..... speaking of which....where's that bloody whisky.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour." Cecil Lewis