I knew there was a gear issue when the "up" light did not change after pressing the button. I knew there was an option of emergency gear release. I thought I had tried it before with Hurricanes and thought it did not do anything.
I tried it out of panic this time, wanting to save the flight, after pounding on Shift - G 10 or 15 times, I again thought it was not doing anything, but when I looked external I saw the gear partially down. Inside the cockpit I noticed the UP light was out.
So I banged on it another 10 - 15 times and the gear was down and the DOWN light came on.

Yes I am learning about keeping an eye on the target. I have seen hellshade do it numerous times in his videos.
In the past my tactic would be to do a 360 or an S curve.
Trying to be a better pilot.

Last edited by Stache; 10/01/19 02:09 AM.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. A. Einstein

(System Specs:)

I7-6700k OC 4.4GHZ, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz; Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, G1 OC'ed GTX980ti; Three-Acer XB271HU WQHD Gsync 144Mhz; Samsung 950-512GB NVMe SSD; WD 2TB-7200rpm; Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, Nepton 240M cooler, V1000 PS; Windows 10 PRO; VKB GunfighterPro Stick; Thrustmaster TPR Pedals; Saitek Throttle; Dual TM MFD panels; TrackIR 5; Windows 10 v1909