Lou, you know what I’m going to say, right? You’ve converted your 1-1/2 Strutter to a 1-1/2 winger. That was close! I’m just glad all I get are Eindeckers in my neck of the woods. No nasty Rolands, no Halberstadts and no Doppeldecker Fokkers. Life really is sweet.

Lederhosen, congrats on the promo and welcome back to Verdun. Didn’t you just leave this party?

Wulfe, good job with that balloon. It seems that taking one of them down is easier than finding a piano, or getting up early in the morning. Great story again! Now, that Nungesser - what has he gotten himself into this time?

1 September, 1916 14:30 afternoon mission
Luxeuil, Alsace Sector
3 Wing RNAS
FC Tobias Chester Mulberry
11 confirmed kills

The attack on Habsheim aerodrome went well. Mulberry could see the damage below. He was alone. Armstrong and Draper in the ‘A’ flight were just arriving on scene, getting ready to drop their ordnance. It was his single-seat Strutter that brought him over the target first. It was that much faster than a regular Sopwith. He was glad that sack of crap, that Alford was, wasn’t slowing him down anymore.

[Linked Image]

Toby has already made the corrections to his course for the base when he noticed 2 Fokkers gunning for the other flight. He quickly turned around to lend help and this maneuver didn’t go unnoticed. The Eindeckers abandoned their pursuit of rear-armed planes for one that had no armament. It was an easy choice. Was it because he was alone, or was it because his rear was exposed? No matter, he had his hands full. They turned and circled each other for the longest time. One of the monoplanes had enough of it and left his wingman alone to deal with the Strutter. Toby could then press his attack being certain he will not be surprised from behind. The green Fokker that was unfortunate enough not to leave first was met with the full wrath of Mulberry’s Vickers. The machine lost all power after a hail of bullets ripped through the canvas fuselage and was forced to land in the field. As Toby was flying over he could see the Eindecker hit a ditch, turn over and crumple in a cloud of dust. The ‘A’ flight was long gone by this time but he was still able to catch up to them before the approach to Luxeuil.

YouYube Link

Attached Files Look Ma-No gunner.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."