Wulfe, oh no! Not Little Devienne! That is a sad, sad day. A drink to his memory. May he rest in peace. I am hoping that the barman is going to get what is coming to him in one of the future episodes.

Originally Posted by Wulfe
Fullofit - 9 confirmed already? how do you do it...well.

How do I do it? I point the whirly end at the enemy and shoot. Seriously, the Strutter outclasses the Eindecker and it is such a joy to fly so much so that it feels like cheating. It also doesn’t help that the Fokkers are drawn to the two-seaters like moths to a flamethrower.

Harry, now you have the distinction of being the dirty, dirty man.
Ambush in ME is an awesome feature. Don’t touch it! It spices up things and makes it all unpredictable. Maybe reduce the percentage then, just a bit. Thanks again for that Triple-J!
Hopefully Lazlo will be able to get going soon and I certainly hope that this surprise you’ve mentioned has two pairs of wings, or at least a pair of legs.

Lou, I don’t know what Alford’s deal is. I suspect he is afraid of heights.

Carrick, keeping your boys safe down below is a job onto itself. You keep watching over them and let them stick their necks out and dodge Flak.

23 August, 1916 13:50 afternoon mission
Luxeuil, Alsace Sector
3 Wing RNAS
FL Tobias Chester Mulberry
9 confirmed kills

All claims have been rejected. Let’s leave it at that.

Toby noticed a pair of enemy planes below while admiring how his bombs had missed the sizeable Colmar rail station. He shadowed them while dropping altitude. It was a combination of tan and green Fokkers. The green one noticed him first and broke off. Mulberry ignored him and concentrated on the tan one. Toby chased the Hun over the vast forests east of Vosges Mountains. The green one returned in the meantime, but Alford kept an eye on him and thankfully his gun was trained as well. He kept the greenie at bay, while Mulberry took care of the business up front. Somehow the two Fokkers became four and then there were just two again. The tan Fokker continued to be harassed by Toby’s Vickers and finally succumbed to the damage. He ploughed into the Colmar Forest below. The British pilot took a quick stock of the situation and looked for the green Eindecker. There! Just north of him, climbing and heading for the Colmar aerodrome. Toby willed his Strutter to go faster to catch the Hun before he gets within the range of Flak. He aimed and fired. The Fokker went straight up and performed what the Germans liked to call the Immelmann turn. It did not help. Mulberry was on him and the Hun had to dive to evade. He was low and went into a spin. He did not recover.

YouTube Link

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."