I, too, would love to see custom skins for non-historical Wingmen.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a selection box (just like the custom skin selection box before a sortie) for each ahistorical wingman, set to the default skin by, er, default. From there, players could create the skin for their fictional wingman and select it for that pilot in the main campaign screen...

I had some other wishes regarding the ground war (which is already represented, let me say, far better than any other WW1 flight sim I've played). Namely:

1. More activity and noticeable changes before and during a big historical battle:

For example, noticeable big artillery positions appearing near the front, more truck convoys headed for the lines, more general 'ground clutter' before a fight. Another thing that I thought would be amazing to see would be shiny, reflective barbed wire before a big battle - I remember reading in a pilot memoir (possibly McCudden's) that just before a big battle he noticed the shimmer of freshly-laid barbed wire).

During a big battle, it would be great to see larger artillery barrages with larger explosions. Infantry pushes would also be amazing to see - although I imagine this would be very hard to implement realistically.

2. The potential to witness historical moments on the ground during battles.

By this I mean things like the HUGE underground mines being detonated at the start of the Somme offensive, large tank pushes at Cambrai, etc.

3. Historical assignments for historical events.

These may be implemented, I haven't noticed if they are, but it would be great to get 'historical' missions on specific days, depending on your squadron. Naturally, I don't mean day-to-day specific missions, but it would be great to relive, for example, the raid on Rumbeke aerodrome (20 october 1917) if you're assigned to one of the participating squadrons!

I imagine that ground-war stuff is very hard to implement, and I already think the devs have done a brilliant job, but I think that adding a little more to the ground war would make the immersion even greater.

Finally, I think it would be really cool if players could 'request' aircraft after reaching a certain amount of victories. Some historical examples would be Albert Ball retaining his Nieuport 17, and Josef Jacobs preferring to fly a Dr.I. Naturally, you would only be able to 'ask' for aircraft viable to your service (example: a R.F.C pilot couldn't ask for a Sopwith Triplane), but I think it would be a neat touch. I also think the Pfalz D.XII is a must-have addition.

Last edited by Wulfe; 08/29/19 03:31 PM.