I have BoB2 2.13 working in Windows 10, except that I get a CTD when quitting a mission, and in a campaign mission, sometimes earlier. This significantly inhibits playing campaigns (except from the map alone) but not the many single missions, each of which is playable from the standpoint of any pilot in any flyable aircraft in any squadron flying in the mission, on either side, or as a gunner any German bomber.

I can't recall what I did to get it working, but it was basic stuff like setting use desktop resolution to OFF, then manually setting both 2d and 3d resolution manually to the desktop resolution (ignoring that one of them displayed an exclamation mark). Not sure if I used XP SP3 or Win 7 compatibility or not (now using Win 7 dual boot instead of 10) but may have also turned off the fancy stuff in the Compatibility tab like disabling visual themes and disabling desktop composition, also NOT installing in the Program Files (x86) folder.

BoB1 can look well with some of Boreas's new mods but if you have BoB2 working, there's no reason at all to bother, apart from nostalgia or curiousity,

EDIT - I think it was the settings described by Buzz3 in post #4 in this thread, that got BoB2 working for me in Win 10 (apart from the aforementioned CTDs): https://steamcommunity.com/app/63950/discussions/0/1471968797464997938/

...namely:

Bob.exe customisation:
1. Run as Administrator
2. Win XP SP3 compatibility mode
(Instant Action menus and videos wouldn't run under Win 7 compatibility mode for me.)
(Alt-X doesn't crash for me under WinXPSP3 mode. It does crash for me under Win7 mode.)
3. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings (Disabling this eliminated many CTDs for me.)

In-game customisation:
4. Use Desktop Resolution: Off
5. 3D Resolution: set to normal desktop resolution (in my case, !1920x1080x32@60!)***
6. Campaign Resolution: set to normal desktop resolution (in my case, 1920x1080x32@60) *** If 3D Res & Campaign Res differ from each other, I get a CTD when running Instant Action.
7. Lower all graphics to low or medium (Alt-X will then work)
8. Anistropic set to 2x

...EXCEPT I have all the graphics settings (7) set to the max, apart from particle density which is Medium.

Last edited by 33lima; 08/23/19 08:31 PM.

SimHQ Battle of Britain II screenshots thread
CombatAce Mission Reports
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." (attributed to Marcus Aurelius)