I'm not sure if this is a 720p or 1080p. I only ever game in the past couple generations of PCs that I've had with 1080p 60Hz monitors. Someday I would love to get a high quality gaming monitor and maybe even a 4K monitor or TV further down the road.

It is bigger so I imagine it possible won't look right as you mentioned at normal desktop distances. I imagine I'd need to get at least 3ft away. I'm just curious about being able to enable vertical sink and what performance might be like. This old 2010 monitor I'm on has been a good monitor. I think its black level attributes are good. As I mentioned, previously when I tried and LED pc monitor it was just inherently too bright for me regardless of brightness settings. I think it had default modes and eco modes but compared to previous monitors it felt almost nuclear bright on my eyes. Its still working fine, the only problem I have is the power on switch doesn't work most of the time anymore so I've had to get it into the on position and just leave it that way permanently.

A strange thing though, unlike the hundred other games I have and play on this PC and monitor, for some reason Withcer 3 has something going on with its level of in-game contrast or something because with that game and pretty much that game only(and very noticably to the point of discomfort)I see my monitor's black lines imprinted on my retina.

Anyhow, I guess I won't know until I try. I'm hoping that the bigger viewing area and LED aspect might be a nice change of pace for awhile. I miss my old Sony Trinitron PC monitor. I think that may have only had a resolution of 1024X1280(can't remember now)but that's probably the best monitor and picture quality I've ever had. Unfortunately that went kaput years ago, I think the tube went out.

Thanks for the information Allen. I'll just have to give it a try I guess and see how it is.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13