Originally Posted by Brit44 'Aldo'
I followed it religiously until they canned the last of the 2 strokes, pricing the privater out of the competition. I wonder if any of these kids could tame a 'Big Bang' V4.

wink Oh well, Get off my lawn kid.

My word! how old are you? I have seen a few documentaries on MotoGP and they state the last privateer to even win a grandprix was like 40 years ago. It has been pretty clear for the past 30 - 40 years or more that with increased costs and competition that privateers were never going to do much against well-funded factory teams and factory satellite teams. did you get to see "king kenny" (Kenny Roberts 3-time world grandprix champion) take on Barry Sheene (2-time world grandprix champion)? from the clips and descriptions it sounded like a clash of giants when these two were going at it over several years.

Interesting how you bring up the old 2-strokes. I have seen many comments by Kenny Roberts, Mick Doohan (5-time world grandprix champion 1994-1998, still working/supporting Honda and Marc Marquez), Rossi (9-time world champion, my favorite rider and the "old man" still racing at 40years of age!) when asked if riders of today could adapt to older machinery. All of them say the riders of today on their 4-strokes, ECUs, traction control bikes are extremely motivated mentally and physically and would easily adapt to the older 2-strokes. And for those out there who think traction control is for babies all of these older riders said they would use TC without hesitation to at least avoid or reduce the number of dangerous high side crashes alone! LOL

Forza Rossi! cowboy

I would have loved to see Mick Doohan in his prime racing!
5-time grandprix champion meets 5-time grandprix champion

Animal Mother > Rambo+ChuckNorris