Hey guys, what's the deal? I did a LOT of detective work last year, made several long distance phone calls and determined that the license to the code was totally abandoned back in about 2011. Releasing the code onto GIThub is NOT violating anyone's license. The license was not passed on in any legal venue, it was abandoned. If you have issues with releasing code that you individually worked on, that's your own matter. As I've always understood things, this was a public enterprise and sharing our efforts to improve the sim was what this is all about. I don't expect anyone to ask my permission to distribute the code I've worked on, I expect it to be shared universally for the common good. If you don't like my mods, fine, don't use them. Your choice. If you don't want to share your efforts, fine. Don't upload anything to the server. Keep it to yourself.

This is a great community project with lots of interested players all over the world. Why does placing the code up on GIThub make you mad? Access to make changes is still tightly controlled. Yes, people can look at it, but there has been a copy of the original code up on GIThub for a decade that no one here had anything to do with. It's still there. No one has asked for it to be removed. So what has Messyhead done that violates the community charter to make EECH better that we've all pretty much assumed to be true from the start?

Here's the other version up on GIThub:
Original GIThub Release from 2009.

Last edited by Javelin; 07/12/19 11:28 PM.