It SCREAMS at high revs like no other car!

Very true. I saw it demonstrated at Le Mans in 2011, and although Herbert gave it the beans it can't have been flat out, but still sounded like nothing else that weekend. We were sitting at the Ford Chicane and you could hear it downshifting to enter Porsche Curves even from there! Through Ford Chicane it was an absolute barrage of noise before disappearing up to Dunlop, where it only went out of earshot as it went down the other side of the hill.

Some shots of where this build is up to. I've wired the ignition. The leads are a bit overscale, but I couldn't find any finer shrink tube. They are easy enough to make and you can even manipulate the shape by stretching whilst still pliable. A couple of drill bits will make some shrouds for the plug ends too.

[Linked Image]

The engine with the replacement parts and added extras. The gearbox oil cooler is just dry fitted at the moment, while I try and work out where the hose on each side runs too.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The exhaust only had a very shallow 'blind' hole so the end was cut off and fitted with some plastic the wall thinned to be better in scale.

[Linked Image]

The rear uprights and brake cooling intakes, with the brake discs in place.

[Linked Image]

The cockpit and engine bay bulkhead in place. Only dry fitted for now as my replacement parts on the engine are making it a very tight fit. A few tweaks to the locating holes and it should drop in to place. There's half dozen hoses to be added to these parts. (Particularly like the minute PE addon for the cap on the header tank. 

[Linked Image]

I can't go much further with the internals for the moment as the side pods have to be fitted before the cockpit, and they'll need fully painting before that, perhaps even decalling.

Thanks for looking in again,

Gareth

Last edited by goon; 07/10/19 11:05 AM.

cheers
Gareth

UNDERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the front wing.
OVERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the back wing.
HORSEPOWER - is how fast you hit the wall.
TORQUE - is how far you can take the wall with you.

Read my scale modelling blog at www.latibuliser.com or mfhmazda787.com