Hi! After years of keeping an eye on WOFF development I finally bought it couple days ago. Haven't played it much yet but I have been enjoying it so far!

After one quick missions to test that the game and my joystick bindings work, I decided to start a campaign without further training and preparation in the risk free quick battles for the sake of more authentic learning experience (I have played a bit of Rise of Flight over the years though). Wanting to participate in the Fokker Scourge I started from autumn 1915 and selected "Jasta 1" since, according to unit search, that was the only fighter unit that would have Fokker E.III. After that the things became a bit confusing...

After training I was deployed to FFA 32 recon squadron at the end of November 1915. I'm pretty confused about the relation of the of FFA 32 and Jasta 1 (which I later realized was not even formed before late 1916). Originally the ace list listed a single Ace for my current unit (Erns Freiherr von Althaus who has never been in Jasta 1 or FFA 32 from what I understand) but after a couple days the Ace disappeared from the list together with one Fokker E.III without explanation. I'm now extremely confused about what is going on, is FFA 32 going to turn or combine into Jasta 1 at some point? Why was Jasta posting offered almost a year before Jastas would even exist? Why is there a Jasta 15 available in the possible unit transfers even though that should also not exist for another year?

To my initial surprise, almost every German unit is primarily recon and listed as having Aviatik C.I (only three units have other planes as main types). I have been trying to figure out where all the Fokkers are with JJJ65's nifty WOFF encyclopedia but it lists Jasta 1 from 14/02/1915 with Aviatic B.I and Halb DIII, neither of which is used by FFA 32 (Jasta 1 not actually being there yet). I wonder what the reason for the discrepancy is, does the encyclopedia use the current game files or some now outdated database?

Is this how things are supposed to be or is something broken somewhere? I'm a bit that worried my campaign data has somehow corrupted with all the time travelling Jastas and misplaced ghost aces.

---

Other than the campaign confusion the game has been great so far! I was extremely surprised by how good the game looks considering it's based on CFS3 and only uses DX9. The horizon and sunrises are among the prettiest I have seen in any game! I haven't gotten into any air combat yet but I'm liking the way the Aviatik handles and I have already had one memorable nerve wrecking (and completely FUBAR from the outset) bombing missions lead by a persistently incompetent flight leader who I have already learned to dislike biggrin

Last edited by mvp7; 07/06/19 09:14 AM.