The asset management largely is, surprise, the commander's/platoon leader's role. The platoon leader is an incredibly overtasked guy. And from a training perspective - remember, that's eSim's primary point of view - you wouldn't want to take away that stress of being overworked. Because the simulation is supposed to prepare him for that level of stress in real life (plus some extra, because then it's for real with all the metal flying through the air).

It's perfectly fine to want, as a consumer/gamer, better immersion and maybe some fun mechanics that aren't entirely realistic. I agree, it would make a better game. But for reasons of reliable cash flow and the absence of publishers with creative accounting practices eSim Games is now in the training market. This has allowed us to stay in business in the first place, over the last 15 years. Otherwise the story of Steel Beasts and eSim Games would have ended in 2003. So everything that has happened ever since is a direct result of that business decision, and given that the alternative would have been economic death you will find me entirely unapologetic.
We have taken up the fight with multiple multi-billion dollar defense contractors, and won often enough to be still there. We have a dozen different armies as customers, on three continents. For a company the size of eSim Games' that's not too shabby. If SB Pro PE isn't exactly the kind of game that you'd be hoping for, well, I certainly regret that. But I'm realist enough to understand that this is the price that we had to pay for the opportunity to have this conversation in the first place.

Visit the home of Steel Beasts!
...the ultimate armor sim...