Originally Posted by DaBBQ
Originally Posted by jdbecks

I’m thinking about restarting on extreme mode where death is death because I think it will completely change the way you play.

Just started the game as Hardcore without any experience, 3 souls lost to the depth from:

Giant dragon fish had a nice snack

Lost in a cave and asphyxiated

Tiny lobster sucked out all my blood.

Yup, yup, and yup. Also died of thirst and starvation in the very beginning of my game.

Originally Posted by DBond
Good to see more players giving this game a go.

Congrats on the new vehicle JC. Not a big fan of it myself really. But it certainly has utility. Especially I'd say if you only have one base, then the one-eyed one can be your mobile base. Just being able to get the Prawn to where you want to use it is valuable in itself. But it's rather big, and slow and hard to maneuver in tight spaces. Tip is to get used to navigating using the external cameras it has on it. That can help a lot.

In my first Subnautica run I used it extensively. In my second, I built it but barely used it, but of course I had four bases spread out in different biomes. My son likes it though, and he managed to set it afire somehow. Probably silent running for too long?

As for ironman, I haven't played in that mode, but my second run would have qualified, as I managed not to get killed. Can't say the same for the first run though.

My initial plan was using it like a giant SeaMoth that can haul the Prawn suit, but I think it’s going to be of more limited use. Using it as a mobile base has merit though.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein