Yeah, it sure does make a difference Redwolf, thank you! I've been messing with it more, as I suspect that's fairly common for people who get stuff like that up and running. Just gotta tweak it... and tweak it... and tweak it...

Was taking aim for a very bright, very saturated, sort of cartoonish look. Sort of like Borderlands, an almost cell shaded kind of feel to it. I don't think I got it, but I did get this and I'm MUCH happier with it. Buildings pop out visually in the woods, with really thick outlines. Aircraft pop a lot too, and it makes the warm times of year feel even warmer. I had to look about in winter too, of course.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm very much of the mind that realism is overrated when it comes to visuals. There will always be a difference, and while I do heavily appreciate trying to achieve a realistic look from my experience and to my eyes a more stylized look tends to age better. Even taking something like DCS which I can run in 4k at 100+ fps, it can be beautiful but will it still be in 5 years? The new Microsoft flight sims trailer is gorgeous in comparison, almost as if it was pre-rendered and not in game footage. Just the other day (12 years ago!) I remember thinking that TES IV: Oblivion looked better than real life.