Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I think one of the most accurate things said about current day flight sims is that they are wonderful to play while you are inside the cockpit but they are dull as heck when you are outside the cockpit.

Graphically, I'm ok with that. I never cared much about any details that a pilot or captain couldn't realistically see from the cockpit or normal outside station (on a ship or submarine).

But I know you're talking about gameplay, and in some cases it really hasn't improved, has it? Like never having to play the same mission twice (even if campaign auto-generated missions are sometimes similar, the environment is not). We've had this since the days of DOS!...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Always loved in EF2000 that you can add a re-fueling waypoint to a mission (if you have any re-fuelers left) or have AWACS vector you to one on-the-fly (although you may have to wait in line)...

[Linked Image]

You can also watch an entire campaign play out in fast-forward over several game days on the 2D maps without ever flying a mission, as the Russians invade south and conquer Norway.

All in DOS in 1995, almost 25 years ago! eek2

Attached Files EF2K_SZ2.jpgEF2K_CL1.JPGEF2K_CL2.JPGEF2K_CL3.JPGEF2K_CL4.JPGEF2K_ReFu.JPG

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run