Originally Posted by JohnnyChemo
By and large yes, my TrackIR is rarely used. I’ve done some non-VR simming only occasionally and only when I need to flip through a manual for training. That is a drawback to VR. With the headset on you can’t really pause and look up something in a manual without taking the headset off and frankly I can’t be arsed. There is a way in the Rift to putt a browser window in game, but you can’t interact with it. I can pause and do the the VR version of alt-tabbing (pulling up Oculus Home and using the browser) but it is cumbersome.

Get yourself some voice powered game controller like VoiceBot on Steam. You just need half an hour or less to assign words/statements to key strokes, then play your sims with a microphone on, and you are good to go. It just feels so much better in-game to say something like "wingman, regroup", than hitting TAB, then the 1 key and then 2 key, or something like that.

To those automotively inclined...VR changes things a lot. Door to door racing actually feels like door to door racing. I can particularly recommend the deafening 1988 F1 mod for rFactor2, and the DTM DLC pack for Raceroom Racing Experience.