I did not read any tutorial nor did I ever watched a video about it. I'm one of those guys which never read any manual before starting to experiment, even if I put together a rack from IKEA biggrin biggrin

No just experiment with it, there aren't so much options to use. Compared with any other 3D modeller it's pure simple. You have to combine some things to get more advanced parts, just like you would do it with Lego-Bricks.

This is a nice video about it I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60xfIu-lqAs

P.S: You could use any of the parts as a negative too, to make a hole with the shape of it. Sometimes it is really useful not to merge the parts together before you are finished, because you can adjust things much more easier if the part you built is always a lot seperate parts. The possibility to hide things you want to see at the moment is also very useful and you can merge two things for example without merging the third part to it. Just make the third part invisible.

There are more advanced parts in the right menu too, which were made by other users.

You could of course copy things and paste them to another location (a single part or all parts you selected), or mirror them or align things to each other. The menu for it is at the top.

If you have an object you only want a part of it, just cut it off with the use of a block that is negative. Some things are a bit circuitous, for example to split a part you have imported in two seperate parts you need. This can be also done, but you must copy the part you need parts from ( what a spelling screwy ) and cut off the half of it from every copy you made.

ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND that things you exported as an OBJ will be one single part. This means if you import them again to TK you couldn't go back the steps you used to make it. That's the drawback with making external backups.

You can of course use one desk or project to make more parts and then select each part for export, but the thing you selected (even if it persist of seperate objects) will be one part after the export.

Last edited by Viper1970; 06/20/19 10:04 AM.

CockpitPC1: Ryzen9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2 SSD|2TB M2 SSD|Geforce RTX3090|Reverb G2|Win11Pro
CockpitPC2: PhenomII X6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x 2TB HDD|2x Geforce GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: Ryzen9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x 2TB HDD|Geforce RTX2070|Win11 Pro
ComUnitPC2: PhenomII X6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x 2TB HDD|Geforce GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlonII X2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|Geforce 5950Ultra|2x VoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME
ComUnitPC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce 256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE