So just in the last couple of days whenever I went to run a flight in WOFF UE, my screen would just go white and the Windows 7 mouse icon would just spin away. This just started out of the blue and I didn't make any changes or installs to my Windows 7 64-bit computer (i7-920 at 4 Ghz with GTX 970).

Then I noticed that rundll32.exe was showing up in Task Manager exactly after I clicked for CFS3 to start after using the Mission Editor. And this executable was using a lot of processor power; something like 30-40% of the CPU and eventually after a while the CPU pegged at 100%. So I killed that and I got bounced back to my desktop. This happened every time CFS3 was trying to start.

I did a malware scan for any rundll32.exe hits and got nothing so it's not malware or a virus.

After some research, I finally found that it's Microsoft's Games Explorer causing rundll32.exe (from the Windows\SysWOW64 folder) to run every time CFS3 was starting up. This website (Ubeogeh's thing: Resolve rundll32.exe) gave me the solution. I renamed the file gameux.dll (Game Explorer) in the SYSWOW64 folder and now CFS3 loads quickly and I even think the game plays smoother on my computer the couple of times I've flown since I made that change. It seems even TrackIR is smoother, but I need to do more flying to prove that it is.

This is just a tip in case you see rundll32.exe running while trying to start a flight since CFS3 is a Microsoft product and gameux.dll is Microsoft 's Games Explorer executable. Hopefully someone will find it useful.

Last edited by WallysWorld; 06/19/19 03:37 AM.