The grand kids ask for my shepherd's pie a lot

2kg of minced beef (mutton if you can get it - sadly very difficult to get sheep/lamb meat here)
2 large onions diced finely
4 good sized carrots, sliced or diced
500g peas
2 tins of tomato puree concentrate
1 clove of garlic
couple of sprigs of thyme or a table spoon of dried if you don't have fresh
same of Rosemary
Bisto/gravy browning (for this size I use 2 teaspoons of bisto and 3 teaspoons of cornflour mixed as I don't want the mixture to be too salty)
4kg potatoes boiled and mashed

Put the oven on to 180c and let it warm up

Brown mince in a large pan and add the onions and garlic stirring the mixture, then the carrots and then add water to cover the mixture bring back to a simmer and add the tomato puree, then add the Thyme and Rosemary, next the peas and let the mixture simmer for about 20 minutes until the carrots are cooked, take off the heat and thicken with the Bisto/gravy browning and return to the heat to let the browning /cornflour cook out and thicken.

Meanwhile peel the potatoes and boil them for mash, when making the mash make it a bit more runny than normal as when cooked in the oven it will dry out a bit, also it is easier to pipe when runny smile
in a deep baking tray put the mince mixture and let cool off slightly so the gravy becomes a little firmer, then pipe the potato mash over the top sealing in the mince mixture underneath. place in the oven and let it bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is starting to go golden brown.

I make this every few weeks for the kids and grand kids, sometimes it is not enough to feed all of them tho, as they keep coming back for 2nds and 3rd helpings

Chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil
Sons of the hound come here and get flesh
Clan Cameron