I think the main problem we haven't discussed yet is the fact that nothing is ever fixed anymore. With DCS World or any game. Starting steam on any given day and many of the games I have receive updates. Technology in our CPUs, GPUs, etc always changes. Most of it isn't very compatible which is why you see things get broken after an update of DCS and then that requires an update and the whole thing helps make it seem nothing is finished. I cant think of a single game where I thought it was perfect how it is. Even ARMA 3 has enemies that can headshot you from the other side of a forest because they can see through trees. Easy for us to complain about but the time or technology to fix it may not be feasible.

Is ED out to get as much money from us as possible? HELL YES, they are a business. If your buying my car I'm not going to turn you down if you want to buy the CDs that are sitting on the seat. Do I think it fractures the community to make some things paid and others not? Yes, however, I have heard some good ideas on how to keep things paid add-ons and still including them for people who don't buy them. I still don't see ED as any worse than Electronic Arts. Or any of the games my children play on their phones and tablets that require more paid DLC or whatever you want to call it than anything I have seen from EA, ED, Ubisoft etc. And don't get me started on Fortnite.

I've been a lurker and post very rarely on SimHQ for a long time. It has gone from my favorite place to read about flight sims and other games to one I think twice about posting on for the reason of being called a "fan boy" or whatever. Yes I'm a fan of DCS World and many other imperfect games. Anytime something new about DCS is announced its like a race for someone here to be the first to bash it. That's fine, I understand and agree with some of it. But from what I have seen, most people are pissed about what someone else from another company promised people, took peoples money and failed, and ED took it over to the delight of many people at first.

I guess it confuses me because if I paid a company to build me a table and they took my money and suddenly disappeared but I saw you built tables I would still have to pay for the second table. I love all the opinions on this site. We are all passionate about flight sims or else we wouldn't be here reading about them or get heated about it like we do. Buy the modules if you want, don't buy them if you don't want them. Doesn't matter to me and it shouldn't matter to anyone.

And for the record, yes they could go waaay lower. Just ask my wallet after my kids found the game Fortnite.

Asus Z97-A
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 4790K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970