Originally Posted by FsFOOT
Microprose truly was epic. They made great games and the whole Sim Game thing happen. I could care less about any new products.

I still love EAW - European Air War but I've retired from that even after 20 years.
Its like driving a classic car. You're never going to replace it with something new.
You would have to for one get the old programmers together and that is unlikely. And also producing a decent game is more than just programming, just like making a movie to need director, actors, editing, cinematographers, etc. all to combine right to get in the Awards, etc.

I prefer the olds days frankly and my memories as far as Microprose is concerned. May they RIP.

That said, I accept some remake cars can be cool even if I don't drive them.

Since I always dabbled in webpage making its interesting to note that if you look at the html source code of the index page fof microprose.com
Code
<!--
       Template Name: Microprose
       Author: TK
       Version: 0.1
    -->

It would be interesting maybe if TK is the same TK of Microprose and if he has any hand in a new product.

But then again I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Interesting, there is also this in the source code

'3D planetary engine for seamless planet rendering from space down to the surface. Can use arbitrary resolution of elevation data, refining it to centimeter resolution using fractal algorithms'