Chatting with AnKor, still trying to figure out how this CFS3 engine does things and looking for clues about how to improve performance, he put me onto something: the way TrackIR works with WOFF is apparently a little strange. If I understand him correctly, it does not stay in lockstep with the game's framerate. Coincidentally I've recently been trying to improve my TrackIR settings to resolve a specific issue, which is when I try to look too far up and over either shoulder, the 3D world flips to a straight ahead view.

Well today I put the two things together in my mind. WOFF does not have any "roll" capability in the 3D view, but TrackIR is not necessarily aware of that. What if it's trying to tell the game view to roll but getting no response? Wasted processing cycles, right? So I went into my all time favorite TIR profile and examined the settings. Sure enough, there was a "roll" curve programmed in there. I've never even thought to touch it before now. So, I tried zeroing out all the roll settings by dragging the points to the bottom to create a zero flat line. The end result in WOFF is pretty fantastic. I've always had a feeling that TrackIR was behaving slightly weirdly in WOFF. This fixes it. HUGE improvement in the feel and flow of head movements. Now, I'm hoping there isn't something else in my settings that this depends on, but with a bit of luck, it will similarly improve any TrackIR user's experience.

I've uploaded the profile here .... https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5kXGwty9rYiT2xEdVNrNFU0ZzA. PM me if you don't know or can't find what location to put it in. On my machine it's here... C:\Users\Harry_H\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles

Please, if you use TrackIR, do give this a try and tell me if it improves things for you. Be warned, I've purposely limited the range that you can turn to look behind you, for the sake of realism, but you could edit that to suit your own taste fairly easily (PM me if you need pointers for that).

Cheers all!

H

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440