Yes, no dynamic campaigns, no realistic physics either. I think it's also only multi-player, no AI.

I'll look at importing the Mi-24 gunner cockpit later, once I get more familiar with the avionics programming.

I also have visions of fixing the terrain engine, I hate the way EECH looks now, sharp straight lines in the terrain and at the water's edges. I programmed a terrain engine from scratch a number of years ago that was light years ahead of what we've currently got. It even had a Cobra attack helicopter in it with a simplified version of the physics. EECH has better physics. It had varied LOD terrain (more triangles where you need them, fewer where you don't) procedural map generation and terrain texturing, procedural scenery placement, a smoother-horizon 8-pointed sky box, and a continuously variable LOD (level of detail) renderer for the machinery. The last piece was the most innovative and complicated code I've ever done, it was based on research papers written at Columbia University for military flight simulators. No more 'popping' helos, tanks and buildings (not that EECH has this problem since their solution was low-triangle count scenery). Instead of just two or three LOD's like most modern sims, mine had thousands of LOD's all seamlessly transitioning as you moved closer or further away from the object. The mesh was reorganized so it would collapse one triangle at a time, all the way from 10,000 triangles down to 1 based on the importance of each triangle to the overall shape of the object. It looked really nice. No modern commercial sims have anything like this. Anyway...

All that will take time, though. One step at a time.

Last edited by Javelin; 06/13/19 03:26 AM.