3 May 1915

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "0502: Assigned Counter-Battery direction with Hptm Simon leading. Once again climbing for altitude my engine failed. I made it safely back to Bertincourt, but the plane nosed over on the field when we ran into a thick patch of mud. It took a truck to pull it out. 45 minutes."

Saint-Pol-sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0506: Line patrol over trenches near Paaschendale. Adj Barault leading. 1 hour 43 minutes."

Senard
Noel Kay writes: "0753: Scouting Mission over Charleville and Sedan. 2 hours 28 minutes."

Warmeriville
Odis Först writes: "0808: Counter-Battery Direction over the trenches south of Bruyères-et-Montbérault. Vfw Lehnert leading, Gefr Brauneck and me supporting. 1 hour 56 minutes."

Lumbres
Dugan Vystavel writes: "Lovely day today. Capt Shaw managed to hire a car, and we had a lovely country drive from Bailleul through Saint-Omer to Lumbres. The drive took us just over two hours and we had a nice lunch in Lumbres. We then drove up to our old stomping grounds at the large Saint-Omer facility. We found our instructors at the Photography School and met a few others. They invited us to stay there but we already had a hotel in Lumbres, so after a few hours’ visit we were back in town in time for dinner and a cinema. First was Charlie Chaplin’s latest, ‘A Jitney Elopement’, and then the feature, ‘The Italian’, with George Bebar. All-in-all a great day."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "Raining again."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done