So......

I admit it was a bit of a troll. But only in good fun.

Ill explain.....

1. BMS has kept this community together for many years. No one can touch that. Its a true tribute to the man i mentioned. He had undying respect for BMS

2. I wrote the first published manual in 1998 (i think it was?? #%&*$#. Its been long) on how to build missions in the mission builder. THE DYNAMIC CAMPAIGN was (and is) a truly artistic and passionate commitment to the art of the sim. So i was part of F4 community in my day. But no more. 2 kids, age, etc.

3. That 36 page attempt at a user manual for the mission builder got a guy named Steve Blankenship to call me. Any one know who that is? Anyone remember his name? His call led to us becoming life long friends. But thats just a small part of this post.

4. The important part of my post was really addressed to Steve. He passed from cancer suddenly a few years back. Before that, he was my nightly coop mission wingman in F4 and any other “SOMEWHAT serious” coop game we could get our hands on. GRAW, that sniper game, rainbow 6 etc. He was rock solid on CAP, ground attack and bounding overwatch (Rainbow etc)

5. Now that he has long passed, he probably wouldn't mind me hinting at his secret. Lets just say that the iBeta realism patch and BMS wouldn't exist without him. All the rest of us that have benefitted from his giving nature should wish him, alongside me, a great rest in peace. He was an incredible guy who cared as much about Falcon as any of us. Maybe even just a tad more.

6. The VR part is just a personal thing. I had not spoken to him for about 2 years after i got my HTC Vive. Then this awesome sub sim (coop) came out. I had talked him into upgrading more than a few times in our years as coop players and i needed him to get on board and buy one. When i reached out, i learned he had passed. I was crushed.

7. I love VR. I get that you guys love dynamic campaigns. I respect that. You are honoring his memory more than you know.

Look him up. Remember him. He gave BMS the greatest gift of all.

RIP Steve.

Respectfully,

Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature.