Hi All,

I had a crisis of motivation yesterday, so cleared the bench and picked up a kit I've had for a while - Tamiya's 1/24 Mazda 787B. This is my favourite racing car, driven to victory by my favourite driver (Johnnie Herbert) at my favourite race. In 2011 I saw Johnnie's demo run at Le Mans, and the car very much lived up to the legend. I've built this kit before, back in 1994 in the tiny kitchen of a tiny bedsit in Putney. All that survives is the windscreen wiper. I wanted to build another but it has long been out of production with these decals and eBay prices were ridiculous. I found this second hand for £16 (!) at a show in Stoke about 5 years ago. I remember physically shaking when I found it was an unstarted and complete kit. (It's soon to be reissued, but it won't be sixteen quid!) 

This is one of the reasons the car is so loved. (Le Mans legend has it that at night the car could be heard for the entire lap from the campsites!)

https://youtu.be/9jAngoCbOMg

So here we go. The classic box art. I cut this from the lid back in the 90s and it was always on my various bedroom walls of the time. (Students move a lot!)

[Linked Image]

I've got Hobby Design's comprehensive PE sheet to add. 

[Linked Image] 

And here's all that survives of my previous build. God knows why it's still in my toolbox!

[Linked Image]

I don't like the look of the decals, being very thick and shiny. I remember really struggling to get them to lay down last time so I'll be getting replacements, and painting the green areas.

[Linked Image]

I'm looking at the feasibility of opening a door too, if I can detail the cockpit sufficiently. 

More soon, and thanks for looking in,
Gareth

cheers
Gareth

UNDERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the front wing.
OVERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the back wing.
HORSEPOWER - is how fast you hit the wall.
TORQUE - is how far you can take the wall with you.

Read my scale modelling blog at www.latibuliser.com or mfhmazda787.com